The Elementary Teachers’ Federation of Ontario was created on July 1, 1998 by the amalgamation of two predecessor organizations:
- the Federation of Women Teachers’ Associations of Ontario (FWTAO), and
- the Ontario Public School Teachers’ Federation (OPSTF).
Each year at the Provincial Annual Meeting the membership sets the organization’s priorities for the upcoming school year.
ETFO PRIORITIES FOR 2017-2018:
- To protect the collective bargaining rights of all members.
- To defend publicly-funded public education.
- To serve the needs of the membership.
- To provide for the professional development of members.
- To promote social justice in the areas of peace, anti-poverty, non-violence, and equity.
- To support international assistance and co-operation.
- To promote the care and protection of the environment.
- To actively engage members in the Federation.
- To promote and protect the health and safety of members, both physically and psychologically.
Click here to find out more about ‘How the Union Works’.