Supporting starting teachers in their first five years. keep an eye on the event calendar for upcoming social events and PD opportunities!
Terms of Reference:
1. To engage new teachers in activities that support and advance the Local’s political objectives and initiatives;
2. To initiate actions on items of its own creation, with the priority of strengthening connections between members, and between members and their Federation;
3. To take action on matters referred by the Local and/or Executive;
4. To present to the Executive a list of specific activities that shall be undertaken by the Committee, along with an itemized budget for each school year, for approval;
5. To present a report at each General Meeting of the Local, advising members of activities and initiatives undertaken and/or hosted by the Committee;
6. To be responsive to the diverse needs of new teachers in the Durham local;
7. To promote pride and confidence in, and enjoyment of, our profession and union amongst our newest members, through social/recreational, professional development and union-education activities.